Name: Candice Van Horn
College: U of Regina & Coppin State U
Hometown: Drums, PA
High School: Hazleton Area
Position: SS, RHP
-HITTING & FIELDING
- 2011 graduate from Hazleton Area High School, four-year letter winner
- Continued career at division I Coppin State University
- Four-year starter, back-to-back first team all-conference, back-to-back all-academic team, senior year team MVP
- Bachelor’s in Sports Medicine
- Played semi-pro in Karlsruhe, Germany in 2015, team won state title
- Finished collegiate career by playing three years at the University of Regina while completing a masters degree in Kinesiology and Health Studies
-Back-to-back first team all-conference, won team MVP, league’s top-hitter, and league leadership award. team also won gold at the National Tournament in 2018.
Name: Abigail Staskiel
College: Penn State Berks
Hometown: Plains, PA
High School: Holy Redeemer
Training Focus: PITCHING
- Abigail Staskiel hails from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.
- A 2012 graduate of Holy Redeemer High School, Staskiel was a three-year letter winner on the softball team.
- Abigail continued her softball career at Division III Pennsylvania State University, Berks campus, as a pitcher/utility player.
- During her career at PSU, the program won three North Eastern Athletic Conference championships and advanced to the NCAA Regional tournament three consecutive years, marking the first time in PSU/Berks history that the program advanced to the NCAA Regional.
- In the summer of 2015, Staskiel received an invitation by USA Athletes International to represent the United States softball team in Arezzo, Italy.
- Abby graduated from Penn State Berks in 2016 with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Management
Name: Michael Tierney
College: Keystone College, LCCC, Penn State WB
Hometown: Exeter, PA
High School: Wyoming Area
Position: P, OF, 2B
Training Focus: HITTING & FIELDING
-Head Coach at Penn State Wilkes-Barre Campus since 2016.
-Back to Back Conference Championships in the PSUAC East Division in 2018 & 2019.
-Baseball trainer and coach for 10+ years.
-Played 4 years of collegiate baseball at the Division 3 level.
-Nominated to the USCAA All Academic Team in 2013.
-Nominated to the PSUAC All-American Team in 2013.
-Pitched in ECAC & NEAC Championship Games for Keystone College in 2005.
-Played in American Legion State Championships 3 consecutive years (2002,2003, & 2004).
-Pitched 2 No-Hitters in High School at Wyoming Area High School.
-Won an ASA C-State Softball Title.
-Greater PIttston Junior Legion Coach 2013.
-Head JV Baseball Coach at Pittston Area HS.
-Head JV Baseball Coach at Wyoming Area HS.
-Selected to play for the Moosic Mets Travel Baseball Team Sophmore & Junior year in High School.
Name: Stephen Sulcoski
College: Misericordia University
& Shippensburg University
Hometown: Hanover Twp., PA
High School: Hanover Area
Position: C, 1B/3B
Training Focus: HITTING & FIELDING
-Current professional baseball player entering 3rd season
-Sioux Falls Canaries (American Association) 2015-present
-Normal Cornbelters (Frontier League)
-Evansville Otters (Frontier) 2015
-Somerset Patriots (Atlantic League)
-York Revolution (Atlantic League) 2014
-Rio Grande Valley Whitewings (United League) 2014
-All Conference selection at Misericordia University
-Played 4 years of college baseball
-Shippensburg University (2010-2012)
-Misericordia University (2013)
-3 time All Conference selection at Hanover Area
-Assistant Varsity Baseball coach at Hanover Area (2013)
-Baseball trainer experience (4 yrs)